söndag 23 oktober 2016

Socks knitted by my mother

My mother taught me how to knit when I was about six years old. First garter stitch scarves, but quite soon after that socks on five double-pointed needles. In the beginning I did not master the heel and the toe decreases (of course) but I managed the cuff, leg and foot.

Since then most of the socks I knit is knitted the way she taught me. Teaching somebody to knit is a great gift. Knitting has given me a lot of joy.

My mother will be 88 in December, and she still knits. She finished these socks last week. They are knitted on double-pointed needles, 2,50 mm with Fabel sock yarn. Her eyesight is not very good nowadays, but I guess that a life of knitting socks helps her hands to find their way.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Så härligt att din mamma fortfarande stickar.Det ger hopp om framtiden för egen del.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Jag tänker samma sak ... och hoppas. /Lars

      Radera
  2. Golly, I love to see hand knitted socks. They are always, to me, a work of art. How wonderful you still have your mother and how wonderful she is a knitter.

    SvaraRadera