söndag 7 augusti 2016

Washing the fleece

Washing the fleece
I have spent days washing the fleece from the Roslags-sheep that we sorted in June. It is very time consuming and I must admit that we were given a large amount of fleece. I have washed the fleece in batches. The most time-consuming is the drying of the fleece. Since it has to be done outdoors we have been depending on the weather. Fortunately, this summer has been rather dry in our part of Sweden. I have rinsed the fleece in buckets to be able to reuse the rinsing water for our fruit trees and flower beds.
Drying the fleece
Next step will be sorting and mixing the fleece. I am considering mixing some of it with fleece from other breeds.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful photos. Such a lot of work but I am sure well worth it.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Ron! Yes a lot of work but also att lot of fun.

      Radera